I recently had lunch with a friend that I haven't seen for a while and I noticed...he lost a lot of weight and looks great! He told me that he went on the South Beach Diet for 3 weeks and lost 10 pounds! He not only looks slimmer, he also feels more energetic and even his doctor had results to prove it!!
Like any other bride-to-be, I wish I could shed a few pounds. So I went to Chapters one night and started to read about the South Beach Diet.
This diet has 3 phases. The first phase lasts for around 2-3 weeks of a strict, no carb diet. During this phase, it is guaranteed to help lose 8-20 lbs. In the second phase, good carbs are slower introduced back into the diet and one will continue to lose 1-2 lbs a week. In the third phase, which lasts for the rest of one's life, is about eating healthy to keep the pounds off.
I was very interested and was so close to buying the book. However, when I flipped to the meal plan for the first 2-3 weeks, I was discouraged. It had a strict meal plan that I would have to follow, including recipes for making some of the desserts and salad dressing. Even though the recipes were quite simple, I was not ready to buy a bunch of groceries and only use a small portion of it.
I think I'm just going to stick with my morning exercise routine and see what happens...if you have any good dieting tips/recipes (not painful of course), please let me know!
If you are interested in reading more about the South Beach Diet, just google it or go to Chapters for some information.
Signing off to do some exercise...
Aug 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hey babe - what's this about "shedding a few pounds"? like your friend carla said, exactly where on your body do you need to lose those extra pounds?? you are too silly!!
Post a Comment