Jun 16, 2008

Busy Weekend!

This past weekend was pretty crazy, packed with "activities"....

Friday the 13th - my birthday (no need to reveal the age)
Can't believe it's another year! I'm so thankful to have so many friends wish me happy birthday, thanks everyone! For this year, I wanted to spend it quietly with my family (with Yusuf as the addition), so my mom, Yusuf and I went to dinner at Carnaval.

Saturday - BBQ with church friends
Luckily, the crazy storms did not affect our previous BBQ plans, and we went to Milne Dam Conservation Park at Highway 7 and McCowan Road. After the BBQ, we hung out at our friend's place for a bit (playing wii!) and had dinner.

Sunday - Ant Hunting in between 2 meals
Had lunch with my grade school friends at an Indian restaurant. One of our friend is working in Toronto on a transfer and we wanted to introduce her to this restaurant, we had a great time catching up (from our Tobermory camping trip!)
I bet you are wondering about the title!!! Yes, we have ant problem (again...from last year). They have apparently moved comfortably into our basement and found a home in the pink insulation tucked into the basement ceiling!!! My mom, Yusuf and I spent a good 4 hours locating their home, moving them (and their eggs!!!) into a giant swimming pool (a bucket full of water) and spraying their "home" with bug spray...it was such a workout! We were in shower caps, latex gloves, goggles, and N95 masks! For those of you who don't know what N95 masks are, think SARS and Mrs. Tung!
After this tiresome activity, we all went out to dinner with my Lai Lai and Sis-in-law (Safiah). We had a great time at Pickle Barrel and Lai Lai treated! Yusuf bought me a very yummy mango cheesecake too!

No comments: